Scones are one of those baked goods you devour in one sitting and these are no exception. Having these in the recipe book is a must to quickly whip up for friends, family or just an event.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 6 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 75g Butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- ~1/4 Milk For Brush Over The Top Of The Scones
Getting Right Into It
For starting off lets turn the oven on to 220°C or 428°F bake or fan-bake.
The One Bowl
Grab the sieve and in the bowl sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. You don’t have to make sure that it looks perfect just all in the bowl.
If you don’t have a sieve just use a whisk as that’ll do the same thing.
Now we add the butter to the mix and turn the flowery mixture into a a bread crumble looking mixture.
You can use a knife for this but it’s easier to use your hands when trying to make it bread crumby.
For it to be combine properly we then add the milk to the mixture and cut it all together. Just make sure that you don’t over do it as this could lead to having tough scones.
Turning It Out
Either in the bowl, on floured surface or baking paper kneed the dough only slightly and then turning it out onto the tray if you’ve not already done that and press it out until it’s roughly 3cm thick.
At this stage you’ll divide the dough into roughly 11 pieces along with making sure there’s room for them to expand while baking.
Wash & Bake
Now grab some milk and brush it over the scones. Then we’ll put them in the oven for 10 minutes of until golden brown. Then once down you can do what you would like with them.
Completed Your First Batch Of Scones
Congratulations you’ve baked your very first batch of scones now you can bake any variety you like. This can be Cheese, Date, Orange or anything else just give it a go and see how it all turns out but if your doing plain don’t forget the raspberry jam and cream.
Stupidly Simple but Fancy Scones
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Round Bladed Knife
- 1 Set of Measuring Cups
- 1 Set of Measuring Teaspoons
- 1 Sieve
- 3 Cups Flour
- 6 tsp Baking Powder
- 75 g Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- ~1 – 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Preheat your oven to 220°C or 428°F.
- In a bowl sift your Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together.
- Add your butter and either cut together or use your bands to make the dry ingredients looks like breadcrumbs.
- Put the milk into your mixture and then cut it all together into a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface or baking tray kneed it a few times.
- Now press it down and make sure it's only 3cm thick and then divide into equal pieces.
- Coat the top of the scones with some milk and then bake for 10minutes or until golden brown.
- Once out you can serve straight away or wrap up in a clean tea towel.